Supporting Developmental Growth through Creative Musical Play
The Annapolis Music Therapy team specializes in client-led, play-based, and individualized pediatric music therapy practice. Our clinicians are experts in using music as a tool to foster developmental growth in the context of naturalistic creative music experiences. We believe partnering with a child’s family system is essential to achieving therapeutic milestones, and are proud of the ways in which we use music to construct motivating and regulating environments for babies, children, and teens.
Our team of music therapists provide:
- Individual music therapy sessions
- Adapted music lessons
- Sibling and family music therapy sessions
- Early intervention for individuals and groups
- Inclusive family music classes
- Contractual Facility or community-based programming for individuals and groups
Our therapists support pediatric clients in reaching diverse clinical goals, which may include:
- Reaching developmental milestones
- Self-regulation & sensory integration
- Social skills
- Emotional expression
- Anxiety management
- Fine and gross motor functioning
- Academic skills
- Music education
What does pediatric music therapy look like?
- Therapeutic singing to facilitate speech and language development, emotional expression, memory, and self-regulation
- Instrument play with percussion and melodic instruments to establish nonverbal social connection, create opportunities for communication, facilitate fine and gross motor skills development, and enhance self-regulation
- Sensory exploration with a range of music and motor materials to support self-regulation and anxiety management
- Movement to structured and improvisational musicto support motor coordination, self-regulation, and achievement of developmental milestones
- Music listening in live and recorded contexts to expand attention, develop leisure skills, and facilitate conversation
- Using music as a mnemonic device to promote memory retention and academic growth
Interested in learning how music therapy can support your child’s growth?
Annapolis Music Therapy is now offering a Telehealth-exclusive introductory package for new pediatric clients and their families!
$105 for a choice of:
- Three 30-minute Telehealth sessions
- Two 45-Minute Sessions
*regular rates ($50 per 30 mins, $70 per 45 mins, $90 per 60 mins) will apply after introductory session package*