Utilizing Music Experiences to Engage in Creative and Empowering Expression
The Annapolis Music Therapy team partners with neurodivergent communities to provide interpersonal, functional, and empowerment-focused music experiences. We believe in presuming competence, celebrating neurodiversity, and collaborating with our clients to bring joy and meaning into their lives.
Our team of music therapists provide:
- Individual and family-focused music therapy sessions
- Contractual Facility or Community-Based programming for individuals and groups
You’ll find our board-certified music therapists in neurodivergent communities across Anne Arundel County and beyond, such as:
- Langton Green, Inc.
- Mary T of Maryland
- Baltimore City Recreation & Parks
Our therapists are experts in meeting the needs of neurodivergent individuals with diagnoses such as:
- Intellectual or developmental differences
- Autism Spectrum
- Cerebral Palsy
- Speech and Language differences
- Down Syndrome
- Tourette’s Syndrome
What does music therapy for neurodivergent adults look like?
- Therapeutic Singing to encourage social connection and task orientation
- Instrument Play ranging from simultaneous play with therapist to group drumming, to assist in motor control, nonverbal social connection, and overall enjoyment
- Structured Songwriting to nurture executive functioning, hope, and coping
- Performance experiences to encourage empowerment and self-expression
Annapolis Music Therapy Services offers an introductory session package:
$105 for a choice of:
- Three 30-minute Individual Sessions
- Two 45-minute Individual Sessions
So that you can explore if music therapy is the right fit for you or your loved one.
*regular rates ($55 per 30 mins, $75 per 45 mins, $95 per 60 mins) will apply after introductory session package*
Sliding scale may be available for individual sessions and groups rates may be negotiable for facility contracts. Insurance is not accepted, however, invoices can be provided to submit to your insurance company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-697-1812 for more info.