This October, join AMT and non-profit partner The Musical Autist for a variety of family fun and informational events throughout Anne Arundel County! We love connecting with new families and friends, and hope to make music with you in the community this month.
Monday October 10th from 5:30-7:30pm: SECAC Special Education Fair
- Severna Park Middle School (450 Jumpers Hole Rd, Severna Park, MD 21146)
- This is a great opportunity to gather resources and meet community service providers and families—don’t forget to stop by our booth and say hi!
Saturday October 15th 11am-2pm: Disability Awareness Day
- Westfield Annapolis Mall near Lord & Taylor
- Disability Awareness Day is a FREE family event with opportunities to connect with self-advocates and community vendors. AMT’s therapists will be there to support your child as they play and explore instruments at our booth!
- We will be providing 30 minutes of live music performance during this event, from some of our music therapy clients and friends of our nonprofit, The Musical Autist.
Saturday October 22nd at 6:30pm: Sensory Friendly Concert
- Anne Arundel Community College: Pascal Center for the Performing Arts (101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012)
- Spend an evening with The Musical Autist and enjoy the musical stylings of Jermaine Gardner, a classical, jazz and contemporary pianist. AMT’s therapists and TMA’s support staff will be available to support your family throughout the performance, in addition to a sensory quiet room, noise reduction headphones and an atmosphere of acceptance and respect!